Friday, April 27, 2007

contagious.

I'm excited that chris is going to be car free this month and it's got me thinking about how much I love biking and leaving my car at home. I have trouble with planning and scheduling and well...I pretty much always run late. That's my biggest obstacle because if I'm running late to work I'll miss the bus or I won't have time to air my bike tires, etc etc etc. But, I do want to reduce driving as much as possible. I think about the burden of using fossil fuels everyday. I hate having it on my conscience. I hate sitting in traffic. But I love *not* driving. I love being active, I love winding down from work open to my environment. I love riding home from the bar and getting fresh air before I go to bed. This is a good way for a group of people to support each other in these efforts. I actually thought about a similar idea (bike blog) yesterday. Thanks, Chris, your example is contagious.

No comments: